- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information we collect from visitors
Visitors to AcelRx Sites can access the Site's home page, and browse some areas of the site, without disclosing any personally identifiable information. We do track information provided to us by your browser, including the Site you came from (known as the referring URL), any AcelRx online advertisements located on third party websites that you may have clicked on to access one of the AcelRx Sites, the type of browser you use, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. On some of our sites, you must register to access portions of the site. In addition, we may gather information about you that is automatically collected by our Web server, such as your IP address and domain name. AcelRx may use Web server and browser information to individually customize its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information.
Information we collect when you register
Visitors registering for services on our Web sites are asked to provide identifying information, such as name, gender, and contact information. On the registration screen, we label which information is required for registration, and which information is optional and may be given at your discretion. AcelRx Sites obtain visitors' consent before collecting personally identifiable information.
Information from outside sources
We may also collect information about physicians or other health care professionals who register on AcelRx Sites from other sources in order to verify their licensure status and identity. From time to time we may augment our existing user databases with legally obtained information from third parties. Some of this information may be personally identifiable, such as national change of address information. We do this to better target our information offerings and promotional campaigns and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested.
We may also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, forms and the like.
We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional services or information or to resolve complaints or concerns.
- AcelRx will take reasonable steps to safeguard any information you share with us. AcelRx stores the information you provide about yourself in a database in order to provide you with the information you request. The information is stored for the lifetime of the database unless you request that it be removed.
- AcelRx will limit the collection and use of your information that AcelRx requires to deliver service to you, which includes advising you about AcelRx' products, newsletters, services and other opportunities, and to administer AcelRx business.
- This Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from site visitors under the age of 13.
- Except as described above, AcelRx will not otherwise use or disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except to the extent reasonably necessary: (i) to correct technical problems and malfunctions, to technically process your information and to determine the effectiveness of our projects; (ii) to protect the security and integrity of our website; (iii) to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others; (iv) to take precautions against liability; (v) to the extent required by law or to respond to judicial process; or (vi) to the enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety, as applicable.
- As a resource to Site visitors, AcelRx may provide links to other websites. Site users should carefully review the privacy policies and practices of these websites, as AcelRx cannot control or be responsible for the privacy practices of other Web sites.
- At any time, you can contact AcelRx to remove your name from our marketing list.
- THIRD PARTIES. AcelRx may share some kinds of information with third parties as described below:
- Companies and people who work for us: AcelRx contracts with other companies and individuals to help AcelRx provide services. For example, AcelRx may host some of our Sites on another company's computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our Web-based health sites, or work with companies to remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, and provide customer service. In addition, if you are a health care professional, AcelRx may validate your licensure status and other information against available databases that list licensed health care professionals. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information AcelRx maintain about our users. Other companies may collect information on our behalf through their sites. This occasionally incorporates the use of frames on the site that will not show the URL you are visiting in the browser address window. We will use reasonable efforts to require such companies to comply with the terms of our privacy policies, to limit their access to any personal information to the minimum necessary to perform their obligations, and not to use the information they may access for purposes other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us. We use our reasonable efforts to limit other company's use of personally identifiable or health care information.
- Informational offers: Sometimes AcelRx sends offers to selected groups of customers. To accomplish this AcelRx may use third parties working on behalf of AcelRx. AcelRx provides a variety of mechanisms for you to tell us you do not want to receive such informational offers. For example, AcelRx may provide an opt-in box for customers to receive information that is sent by a third-party fulfillment house. You can elect not to receive informational material from us by following the instructions to opt-out as mentioned or included in each of our programs that AcelRx sends to you.
- Legal requirements: We may release account and other personal information when AcelRx believes that its release is required to comply with the law regulations, rules or local ordinances. We may release personal health information if, in our judgment after review by an attorney, the release is compelled by law or regulation, or if the release may be necessary to prevent the death or serious injury of an individual.